Monday, October 25, 2010

Blog Topic 3


When the professor offered us a chance to remedy our grade, provided we all agreed- this was a great opportunity. People reacted in a variety of ways- the most popular being avoidance. The one person who stood in front of the class was acting as a compromiser. He was announcing people’s ideas, without inputting too much of his own opinion. He was trying to keep the peace, as well as be a spokesperson for the class. Many people were avoiding the discussion, but then when it came time to vote- they objected. This is probably the most frustrating response. If you are going to object, then take part in the decision process! Don’t just sit there. I saw few people competing. I witness this directly only once. One individual was basically insulting another. I see myself as a compromiser. I didn’t do the worst or the best, so I was open to concession. There were also some individuals who were accommodating. They had done well enough and didn’t really have much to lose- so they were just along for the ride. Obviously the best behavior would have been to collaborate and compromise. We should have decided on who would be leaders and separated into groups. We should have voted on each clause instead of one vote at the end, which risked us losing all that we have discussed. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree people who did not act in the discussion and then decided at the end to step into was not fair to the class overall this class was chaotic and out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, one leader is more than enough. I don’t know what makes the other stepping into the situation and proclaim themselves as leaders. This is the most frustrating management process that I went through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that we all acted diffent but It was a disaster. The activity was frustating but we all got a good outcome.

    ReplyDelete